Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Better Shame than Murder!

My way of saying, better late than never.

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. Lame excuses include, but are not limited to:
Shakespeare rehearsals, chores, family obligations, Shakespeare rehearsals, annoying siblings,(sister says hi) lack of computer, travels to Cedar City, late nights getting home, homework, and more Shakespeare inclined activities.

First and foremost, Shakespeare Competition Festival. Yes. This is the blog post where I'm going to use the word 'Shakespeare' so many times that it will make you vomit. I just can't help myself. So many things happened that my best hope of telling all would be in a day-by-day, 3 post synopsis.

Day 1:
After being ignored leaving the house, most of my family rushed to the door when they realized I was going. At this point I was already at the car, but whatever.

I arrived at the school and after numbering off, we departed on the very comfortable, 'Le Bus', gleefully gnawing on Sourpatch Kids and listening to Olivia's iPod. Here's where we make a grave error. Citric Acid first thing in the morning without breakfast results in a massive ache in the tummy later in the day when you're trying to enjoy 'Greater Tuna'. Though, without the pain, it would still be hard to enjoy.

Then we take a quick ride to The Pizza Factory where I mainly eat breadsticks and blue Sprite. And Olivia makes it come out of my nose. Which, in all respects, was really really funny.

When we got back to campus, we got lost. Not all of us. Just me and Olivia. It was my fault really, she came with me to the bathroom and when we got out we couldn't find anyone. But it turned out alright. We found the high school and participated in some trust excersises, where I made a new friend. Yay for seniors!

When our school found us, we were received with open arms. Quite literally. They formed a protective circle around us when Miss Mecham approached. We kept our heads low as Levi tried to reassure us.

"Guys, it's okay, she's doing her calm walk."
"She's a really good actress!" I hiss furiously.

But Levi was right. So a meet spot was set up and we entered the theater to enjoy 'Pericles: Prince of Tyre' I really loved it. Except for when my new senior friend teased me about falling asleep. I did not, for the record.

2 comments:

Olivia Petty said...

I quite enjoy the title.

just sayin.

and where is day two and three?!

anyways. you write well young cricket.
((I am the grasshopper. so you are the cricket.))

Mary said...

oh nice.