Sunday, July 31, 2011

stardust

moab girls camp was...

betos breakfast burritos
remembering the RM being funnier before i had my own missionary
realizing there are too many boys for this to be a girls bathroom
getting heatstroke in the changing rooms
suffocating in the corset of a life jacket
rejuvenating myself in the wind
cookies and pb&j for lunch
toxic toilets
chillin' on the river
the boy guide is from Texas
the dry boat's name is jerry
rachel is creepin'
sand is everywhere
i half skinny dip in my t-shirt and panties
laurel washed my hair
i love sister lowe and her french-canadian blood
my hair still reeks of dirt
my flippy flops are stylin
burgers. our new buddies know how to cook.
love circle. with nifty necklaces.
snipe hunting. sweet little beehives.
sleeping upside-down so i can see the stars.
the majority of my mosquito bites are on my feet.
french toast.
pack up.
onto the rapids.
i become buddies with libby.
things get crazy.
sister pratly shaves on the river.
trust circle. we all fall in.
a cute sandy beach is on the menu. right after fighting for your life.
the second camp site is better.
our bishop is so modest.
spaghetti. the spicy kind.
skits are funny.
testimonies are beautiful.
letters from mom are touching.
the stardust is even more breathtaking than the night before.
pack up.
i eat the mancake and gain immunity.
the three boats join forces.
we all learn a lesson about wolves in sheep's clothing. namely the beehives and the bishopric.
i like watching grownups be buddies.
i almost lost my shoes.
back on that bus.
back to that lot.
getting our things.
seeing a mirror after three days without. everyone still looks beautiful.
last lunch of cookies and a sammich.
four hour drive home.
the bishop went to arches. so our stuff isn't getting home for another three hours.
i missed my family.
i love indoor plumbing.

see you next year.

No comments: